12 Day Perth to Broome Safari – Accommodated
The ultimate West Australian experience for travellers with a sense of adventure. With a mixture of standard and deluxe twin share accommodation, we explore Kalbarri National Park, meet dolphins of Monkey Mia, snorkel on the Ningaloo Reef, learn about the local mining industry, trek to the pristine pools of Karijini National Park and hike through national parks. The adventure comes to an end as the sun sets on stunning Cable Beach in the outback town of Broome.
Coral Bay, Port Hedland, Eighty Mile Beach, Kalbarri National Park, Hammersley Ranges, Monkey Mia, Ningaloo Reef, Pinnacles Desert, Shell Beach, Karijini National Park, Broome
|Accommodation||12PB: Twin/Double Room - private ensuite (7nts), Twin/Double Room - shared facilities (1nt), Deluxe Eco Tent - private ensuite (3nts)|
|Duration||12 Days / 11 Nights|
|Tour Style||West Coast Expedition|
|Maximum Passengers||16 (Minimum 6)|
|Price||12PB: Adult $4995, Child (4-12yo) $4895 *Optional Single Supplement $1695|
|Departs||MAY-SEP Selected Thursdays: 14 May 2020, 11 June 2020, 23 July 2020, 27 August 2020|
|Meals||11 x Breakfasts, 11 x Lunches, 8 x Dinners|
|Luggage||Max 15kg in Soft Bag/Backpack & Day Bag (No Suitcases)|
|Private Charter||Available On Request|
|Validity||1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021|
|More Information||What You Need To Know
Frequently Asked Questions
|Download Trip Notes||Trip Notes|
Days 1-2 Pinnacles Desert & Kalbarri National Park
Depart Perth and head north to Nambung National Park to explore the amazing formations of the Pinnacles Desert, before continuing our journey through the scenic coastal town of Cervantes and into Geraldton, the second largest town in WA. The Hampton Rd historical walk is a great way to get a feel for early life in this beautiful area. Passing the pink lakes en route, we soon reach our accommodation in the pretty seaside town of Kalbarri. In the rugged terrain and seclusion of Murchison Gorge, located in Kalbarri National Park, we explore Nature’s Window and Z-Bend Gorge – an exhilarating 150m descent into the heart of the gorge. Feeling adventurous? Give abseiling a go or join a sunset cruise (own expense). (LD/BLD)
Days 3-4 Shark Bay World Heritage Area
Today’s drive northbound will take us to the Shark Bay World Heritage area where we base ourselves for 2 nights in the Monkey Mia Resort. Visit beautiful Shell Beach – one of only two beaches in the world made entirely from shells and greet the world famous Monkey Mia dolphins. Spend a free day on the beach or opt for a sailing adventure to see more dolphins and even dugongs in this awesome location. (optional, at own expense and subject to availability) (BL/BLD)
Days 5-6 Coral Bay
Visit the fascinating stromatalites at Hamelin pool, the world’s oldest living organisms, and the agricultural town of Carnavon enroute to Coral Bay. This stunning seaside resort is famous for its idyllic beach and the underwater world of Ningaloo Reef just off shore. Optional activities here include glass bottom boat rides, snorkelling adventures, quad bike rides and more. Alternatively, hire a snorkelling set and kick back on the beach, exploring at your own leisure. In the evenings relax and spot kangaroos, along with the array of birdlife. *Note that all optional activities are at your own expense and subject to availability (BL/BLD)
Days 7-9 Karijini National Park
Today’s drive will take us around 600km’s inland to the heart of the Pilbara and for many, the highlight of our tour, Karijini National Park. Along the way we take in a guided mine tour at Tom Price to find out what drives the Pilbara before heading to the Karijini Eco Retreat for a wilderness experience under the amazing outback stars. From our Deluxe Eco Tents, we enjoy two full days of adventure: the perfect amount of time needed to explore Karijini National Park and its amazing gorges. Formed over 2,500 million years ago, the Hamersley Ranges are some of the most unusual landforms on earth. Deep in the gorges you’ll come across cascading waterfalls and fresh, still waterholes that are ideal for swimming. Dales Gorge, Fortescue Falls, Fern Pool, Circular Pool, Weano Gorge and Hancock Gorge are just some of the unforgettable areas we’ll visit. Definitely a highlight. (BLD/BLD/BLD)
Day 10 The Pilbara
Say your sad farewells to Karijini this morning as we travel towards the coast and the iron ore town of Port Hedland. After lunch we continue on towards the Pilbara region, where we spend the night together on an overnight station stay. (BLD)
Days 11-12 Eighty Mile Beach & Broome
Stop in for a stroll on eighty mile beach before arriving in sunny tropical Broome! A town tour starts in Chinatown where our local guide will share fascinating stories of this colourful precinct. Take a drive through Old Broome to view typical Broome architecture and old Pearling Masters homes then view the aqua waters of Roebuck Bay at Town Beach and learn of Broome’s One Day War. We then stop at Matsos Broome Brewery to sample their hand made ales and famous ginger beer. Afterwards, visit the Japanese Cemetery and Broome Port, the base for many of today’s Pearling vessels. Then take an easy paced walk at Gantheaume Point known for dinosaur footprints and hear the story of Anastasia’s Pool. We then drive down onto Cable Beach for sunset (subject to beach conditions). Relax and enjoy a stroll, or a swim as you watch the sun disappear into the horizon. (BL/B)
|Departure Code||Departs||Finishes||Book Online||Guaranteed|
|12PB200514||14 May||25 May||Check Availability & Book Online||Guaranteed Departure|
|12PB200611||11 June||22 June||Check Availability & Book Online||Guaranteed Departure|
|12PB200723||23 July||3 August||Check Availability & Book Online||Guaranteed Departure|
|12PB200827||27 August||7 September||Check Availability & Book Online||Guaranteed Departure|
|Nights 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 11 Double/Twin Share Accommodation with private ensuite in local properties chosen for their ideal location and facilities.|
|Night 10 Basic rooms at the Pardoo Cattle Station are twin or double share with shared facilities.|
|Nights, 7, 8 & 9 Three nights glamping in the comfortable and well appointed Deluxe Eco tents at Karijini Eco Retreat, featuring twin beds, ensuite bathroom, quality bedding and linen and a deck.|
- Experienced Guide
- Meals as specified
- Twin Share Accommodation
- Mining Tour of Tom Price
- National Park Entry Fees
- Broome Sights Town Tour
- Abseiling – allow approx $30 per person
- Swimming with Manta Rays – allow approx $180 per person
- Swimming with Whale Sharks (seasonal, April to July only) – allow $350-$370 per person
- Glass Bottom Boat Rides – allow approx $50 per person
- Kayaking – allow approx $30 per hour
- Sunset Camel Ride on Cable Beach – allow approx $95 per person
Your Tour Guide can assist with booking these optional activities en route. Due to a limited season and high demand, swimming with Whale Sharks can be difficult to book locally.
We operate trips that travel up and down the West Coast in custom-built, 21 seat 2WD trucks with a PA system and built-in storage (no risky trailers!). These vehicles allow our small groups extra space to kick back and relax as the Australian outback drifts by. They are fully air-conditioned and are fitted with adjustable air-vents, reclinable seats and map pockets to keep your book, drink and MP3 player in. Note that the vehicle could be branded Kimberley Wild, Kakadu Wild, Western Xposure or Adventure Tours Australia!
What to Bring
It is recommended that you bring a torch, broad-brimmed hat with sun visor for all round sun protection, sunscreen, swimming costume and towel, good walking/trekking shoes, insect repellent, a personal water bottle, warm clothes for the evening (particularly if travelling in Winter), personal toiletries and first aid, with any personal medication required.
- Your tour vehicle may be branded as Adventure Tours Australia, Western Xposure or Kimberley Wild Expeditions, but this tour is operated by Kimberley Wild Expeditions.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- Dinner on Nights 3 & 5 are not included as there are excellent local options available, providing freshness, variety and choice – allow approx AUD $80pp for meals. (Allow a little more if you want a beer or glass of wine with dinner.)
- National Park rules request that only biodegradable soap products are used whilst in Karijini National Park.
- Western Australia is a BIG state. Due to distances covered, this trip involves some long drives with early departures on some mornings and frequent stops between destinations.
- Wild Expeditions reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Are you over 70 years old? Due to the remote location and challenging nature of our extended camping tours it is essential for older travellers to review and sign our Medical Form to ensure you can participate fully in the itinerary.
- Travel Insurance is compulsory for all travellers on all tours and details must be presented to tour guide before departure.
- It is your responsibility to advise Wild Expeditions if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is you or your clients’ responsibility to contact Wild Expeditions with your preferred accommodation pick up point. Please contact our inside sales teams for information on other available pick up points. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you or your travel agent, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.