Information for Travellers in 2020
Kimberley Wild are excited about the opportunity to deliver a limited touring program for those willing and able to travel in 2020. The remote Kimberley region is an extraordinary part of Australia but also home to some of our nation’s most vulnerable people. As a result, we are unable to offer our full range of Kimberley adventures. We are however able to operate some of our regular tours, with a few re routing and activity changes to protect our Indigenous communities. We look forward to sharing the nature and landscape we have been missing these past few months! To choose your own 2020 adventure, click here
COVID 19 Precautions
The health & safety of our travellers is paramount, so Kimberley Wild has always maintained strong health & hygiene practises throughout our operation. In consideration of COVID-19 advice from the World Health Organization (WHO) and West Australian medical authorities, Kimberley Wild will be taking a number of extra precautions to ensure our travellers’ continued well-being while travelling with us in the Kimberley:
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:
- Our vehicles have all been deep cleaned & are regularly cleaned during each tour in addition to before & after each tour.
- All our Drivers & Hosts must have completed the AHA Hospitality & Tourism COVID-19 Hygiene Course.
- We strongly recommend that all Drivers, Hosts and travellers have the COVID SAFE App downloaded onto their phone.
- Prior to boarding, all guests must sign a Health Declaration confirming that they are not experiencing flu-like symptoms themselves and have not been in recent contact with anyone diagnosed with, or suspected of having, COVID-19.
- Any guests who are unwell and displaying flu-like symptoms prior to departure will not be permitted to join the tour – please refer to our Travel in 2020 Cancellation Policy (below).
THROUGHOUT THE TOUR:
- Tour & Transport Operators in Western Australia are exempt from social distancing requirements however we request that everyone attempt to observe the social distancing rules whenever possible.
- If you are feeling at all unwell, please speak with your guide immediately. If you develop flu-like symptoms we will immediately isolate you from the rest of the group and assist with arrangements for you to travel to the nearest medical facility for testing and/or treatment.
- Remember to please sneeze or cough into a tissue or your elbow. And please remember to wash your hands with soap & water as often as possible or use hand sanitizer.
- We have hand sanitizer readily available for everyone & request that you use this every time you enter & exit the vehicle.
- We have a COVID-19 kit on board all vehicles which will contain sufficient gloves, masks, hand sanitizer as required for each tour. You are welcome to bring your own items with you.
- The food offered to you will have been prepared in accordance with any Department of Health guidelines. There will be tongs/spoons etc for use with each food item – please use these.
- Please use common sense
Travel in 2020 Booking Conditions
While our standard Booking Conditions still apply, we appreciate that these are uncertain times in travel. As a result, we are offering special Payment Terms and a relaxed Cancellation Policy for those booking after 6 June 2020, to travel in 2020.
- On Booking: 25% Deposit
- 21 Days Prior to Tour Departure: Full Payment
CANCELLATION BY THE TRAVELLER:
- 21 days or more prior to departure, we will hold the deposit on credit (indefinite period);
- 20 days or fewer prior to departure, we will retain 50% of monies paid and hold 50% in credit (indefinite period);
- In the event that you are cancelling your tour because you have flu/COVID conditions, supported by a medical certificate, we will hold 100% of monies paid on credit (indefinite period);
CANCELLATION BY US:
- If Kimberley Wild cancels due to reasons other than a force majeure event: traveller will be eligible for a full refund.
- If Kimberley Wild cancels due to a force majeure event: travellers will receive a 110% credit to use for a future trip or a refund less unrecoverable costs.
To view our full Booking Conditions, click here.